Do you have a favorite homemade hummus recipe? Hummus is a staple food I grew up eating. It’s a popular food in the levant area of the Middle East. It is made with a few simple ingredients, yet it is so tricky to get the ratios just right. So I am sharing my secret go-to classic, homemade hummus recipe. Try it and thank me later!
Classic Homemade Hummus Recipe
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBs freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 TBs tahini
1 TBs extra virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove
3 TBs canned chickpea water, discard the rest
Homemade Hummus Directions
- First, add 3 tablespoons of the chickpea water from the can to the blender before draining the beans.
- Next, add 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
- Add 1 small garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of tahini.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, a sprinkle of paprika and drizzle some olive oil on top.