With large gatherings and holiday travel on hold, the holidays aren’t going to look like most of us had hoped this year. But, that doesn’t mean they won’t be special!
We’ve updated this year’s gift guide to include some very 2020 options, all to be enjoyed at home with those you love the most.
Gifts for Moms
Gifts from Local, Mom-Owned Businesses
We love supporting local moms! If you know of any other gifts we should add to this section of our gift guide, please let us know in the comments below.
- Monthly Flowers from Green Hydrangea – Nothing brightens up my day quite like a bouquet of flowers, so what could be better than a monthly delivery? Tess Finnegan’s Green Hydrangea offers the “Bucket List,” a monthly delivery of seasonal flowers to brighten up someone’s day throughout the year.
- Clothes from Maven Women – Rebecca Ballard started Maven Women to create sustainable clothing designed specifically for women’s bodies. Their unique fitting process and commitment to fair trade and organic fabrics make for the perfect gift for any woman of any size.
- Gift Set from Take Care – One of my favorite shops in DC is Take Care, owned by Becky Waddell. Take Care is a natural skin care and self care shop in Georgetown in the most beautiful, calming space. Stop in to experience the shop, and Becky or one of her staff will help you find the perfect gift!
- Stationery from Wynwood Letterpress – Who doesn’t love to get a gift with their name on it?! Bridget Dadd founded Wynwood Letterpress, which creates gorgeous custom stationery, notepads, and other paper products. A personalized notepad makes the perfect teacher gift, and stationery with the child’s name is one of my favorite gifts for new moms.
- Cupcakes by Chaia – If you’re looking for delicious sweets that are also Instagram-worthy, look no further than Cupcakes by Chaia. Attorney by day and baker by night, Chaia Odoms Morgan makes cupcakes for any occasion. She has an amazing menu, but can do custom flavors, as well, if your gift recipient has a favorite!
- Lauren Heller Art Consultant – If you are looking for inspiration for your walls, this local mom has you covered! She identifies and installs beautiful pieces of art to make your home feel beautiful. We are at home A LOT and this is an excellent gift. She offers art consulting for the real world!
Every mom could use a little time for herself, where she doesn’t have to worry about anyone else. Here are a few self-care gifts we guarantee the mom in your life will appreciate:
- Night Off From Cooking with Galley Foods (Delivers to DC, MD, and VA)
- Naturally London At-Home Pedicure Kit (DC-based)
- Tea Gift Set from Calabash Tea & Tonic (DC-based)
- Acorn Slippers
- A Nap (FREE!)
A personalized gift is always a hit, showing you took a little extra time to pick something especially for your gift recipient. Here are our favorite personalized gifts for moms.
- Tote Bag from Tuckernuck (DC-based)
- Personalized Travel Mug
- Family Photo Puzzle
- Tweed Wolf Photo Albums
It may sound cliche, but jewelry is always a hit! We love these designers for moms:
- Initial Ring from Diament Jewelry (DC)
- Loren Hope Jewelry
- Mimosa Handcrafted
- Earrings from 76 and Maine
Reader Recommendations for Moms
- Plants from Re-Wild (DC-based)
- Clothes or Accessories from The Phoenix (DC-based)
- Slippers from Park Story (DC-based)
- Jewelry from Kicheko Goods (DC-based)
Gifts for Dads
Food & Drink Gifts
When in doubt, go with food! And remember, caffeine is usually a hit, too:
- Luke’s Lobster Meal Kit (Available at Whole Foods in DC, MD, and VA)
- Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- Coffee from Compass Coffee (DC, MD, and VA)
- Mr. Coffee Mug Warmer
Most of the dads I know don’t want more stuff to take care of and put away. For these men, experience gifts are the way to go:
Whether a brand new dad or one with years of experience under his belt, these gifts will be sure to put a smile on his face:
Gifts for Babies
Personalized Presents for Babies
These personalized gifts will become family keepsakes:
Books & Toys for Babies
Tried and true baby favorites, as recommended by your DC Moms Blog Contributors:
- Baby See, Baby Do Book (Available at Child’s Play in DC, MD, VA)
- What Should I Wear? Book
- The First Years Stack Up Cups or Grimm’s Wooden Stacking Cups
- Jellycat Musical Bunny Pull Toy
- Fisher Price Rock & Stack Bundle
- BRIO Toddler Wobbler (Available at Tugooh Toys in DC)
Reader Recommendations for Babies
Gifts for Toddlers
Games & Toys for Toddlers
These toys and games will get your toddlers’ imaginations and minds working while having a blast:
- grOH! Playrooms
- Magna-Tiles (Available at Child’s Play in DC, MD, and VA)
- Radio Flyer Scooter
- Crayola Color Wonder Kit
- Remote Control Car
- LEGO Duplo Blocks (Amazing selection at Tugooh Toys in DC)
- Sarah’s Silks
- Toddler Photo Puzzle
Attire for Toddlers
Your toddler will be stylin’ in these:
Gifts for Bigger Kids
We are SO fortunate in DC to have access to amazing (and often free!) museums for our kids. These gifts are perfect for your little museum lover:
Puzzles & Game Gifts
These puzzles and games will get your kids minds working and keep them entertained:
- Puzzles from Puzzle Huddle (MD) – local dad-owned!
- Personalized Memory Game
- Story Cubes
- Fun at Home Box (DC-based, local mom-owned!)
- Year Cheer Subscription Box
- Baby Shark Doll (Just kidding – we’ve all heard this song MORE than enough!)
Gifts that Give Back
- Soccer Ball from One World Play Project – For every ball purchased, One World Play Project donates a portion of proceeds to provide sports equipment to communities in need.
- Adopt a Sloth – Buy a kit, and the Sloth Conservation Foundation will take care of a sloth for the next 12 months in your name!
- Yoobi Craft Supplies – For every item you purchase, another is donated to a classroom in need. Donations are made through the Kids in Need Foundation.
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Tote Bag – Proceeds from bag purchased go toward literacy programs and books for communities in need.
- Clothing from Lemon Lane Consignment (VA-based)
- Tea Party from Tea with Mrs. B (DC-based)
- Games from The Toy Nest (VA-based)
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through these links the price won’t change for you and a teeny tiny portion of the sale would go to support our site. We would be so grateful!