Mother’s Day is almost here! Are you ready? If not, we’ve got the inspiration you need. Here are some special Mother’s Day gifts and treats from small businesses we love.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget a card! It’s even better if your kids make one.
MEAL KITS & DELIVERY
I usually love cooking meals for my family and trying new recipes, but a delivered meal sounds like a dream this Mother’s Day, as does a meal kit to make some of my favorite restaurant dishes I’ve been missing out on over the past year or so.
- Rose’s at Home is offering a Mother’s Day Brunch for two. Not only do they deliver meals and have a wine club, but they have lots of dining options with friends and family including coming to your home to cook a meal. Rose’s at Home is a part of the Rose‘s Restaurant Group and the youngest sibling to Rose‘s Luxury, Little Pearl and Pineapple and Pearls.
- Le Diplomate is offering cheese, pastry, and wine pickup between 11:00am and 1:00pm (helloooo brunch), and delivery of a limited menu between 1:00pm and 8:00pm via Caviar.
- Unconventional Diner will deliver family-style meals via Postmates. Bonus points for it’s kid-friendly items!
- Occasions Caterers is offering amazing home delivery meals. They have so many options and not cooking a meal (or meals) is a GIFT! They do offer delivery too. Read more about our experience here!
- If you’ve been trying (and failing) to get a reservation at Maydan, you may finally be able to try some of their famous dishes! Family-style platters are available along with their legendary spreads and small plates. Unfortunately, they don’t deliver, but pickup is available every day but Monday and Tuesday.
- District Donut will not only deliver donuts (minimum 6 for delivery) but also offers a bake-at-home cinnamon roll kit. Kid-friendly activity + delicious breakfast = Perfect Mother’s Day.
- Who doesn’t love pizza? Lots of local restaurants are offering pizza kits, including All Purpose and Centrolina.
- Stellina offers both meat-based and vegetarian pasta kits for pickup or delivery. And, if you need it, they’ll deliver hand sanitizer, too.
MOM & ME GIFTS
Mother’s Day is all about celebrating being a mom, which (obviously) includes our kids! Here are some gifts that will bring them into the fold, too.
- Take Care is one of my favorite local businesses, and its owner, Becky, has dreamt up a beautiful mom + child mask set just in time for Mother’s Day. Not only is it an indulgent mask, but it also offers an opportunity to talk with your children about self-care and kindness to themselves. Or, treat your vaccinated mom to a facial at their dreamy spa.
- Nook is offering at-home, socially distant family photo shoots this Mother’s Day. Registration includes a 10% contribution goes toward honoring and expressing gratitude to our frontline worker moms in our communities. Additionally, you will receive an exclusive gift offer from The Shop at Nook.
- The Striped Sheep isn’t local, but I love its premise. Founded by a New York mom of sons, the company designs classic striped shirts so moms can match their kids (both boys and girls). Buying from her gives back, too, with 10% of all purchases go to No Kid Hungry.
TREATS FOR MOM
Lastly, we have some small gifts that are beautiful gestures to mom to let her know you care and are grateful for all the work she’s doing, especially right now.
- Personalized gifts show a little extra thought went into them, and this tote bag from Tuckernuck is no exception. Their orders are shipping quickly from their Maryland warehouse, so it’ll arrive on time!
- drimmle & do is a bespoke snack mix company that is offering a special Mother’s Day mix called “mom’s jewelry box.” This collectible, acrylic jewelry box is personalized and filled with edible gems, including sapphire blueberries, emerald balls, ruby bears, chocolate pearls and diamond chips. It’s a fun twist on buying mom jewelry (or in addition to jewelry!).
- Silverglow Studio makes artisan, all-natural soy candles and is offering CUSTOM Mother’s Day Gift Box. Oh and they have a Candle a Month Subscription that would make a great gift.
- Mallory Shelter is a local jewelry designer with beautiful minimalist jewelry, especially these hoops, which will add the perfect amount of sparkle to any mom’s day.
- One thing every mom loves? A few minutes alone to relax. These candles and bath salts from Handmade Habitat will give her just that.
- Flowers are always a good idea, but plants are great too, especially right now when we’re all at home with time to care for them. ReWild has a great selection and offers local delivery for orders over $60!
- Millennial Nail Bar offers at-home, on-demand manicures and pedicures. Surprise mom with this!
- MassageLuxe has a serious Mother’s Day Special! Give them a call at 202-558-6160 to purchase this deal!
- Shop Made in DC, Salt & Sundry, and Steadfast Supply feature local artists and are open for business online.
- Are you at home and your wife is feeling inspired to decorate with art on the walls? Contact Lauren Heller Art Consultant to schedule a consultation.
- Speaking of art, why not buy original artwork from Jennifer Allevato?! Her mixed media florals are fun and gorgeous!