This pandemic has thrown us all for a loop. So we wanted to do something fun WITH you all (virtually)! Join fellow moms as we gather for our Nourish & Flourish Event in partnership with Kendra Scott. It is also World Kindness Day and we want to be kind to ourselves during this time with some pampering tips AND be kind to others by giving back to others. On November 12-13, with code GIVEBACK-068A, 20% of all jewelry sales go directly to the DC Diaper Bank. Plus, during our event, enjoy giveaways, special conversations with local experts, shopping opportunities, and more!
At 8:15 pm, we will chat with Erin Washington, author of Squats and Margaritas, about balancing it all during this time. At 8:45 pm, Dr. Emma Basch, a local therapist, will join us to talk about self-care tips. At 9:15 pm we talk with Denesia Rogers, local yoga and meditation teacher about some of her favorite techniques to help bring calm. At 8 pm, 8:30 pm, and 9 pm, I (Courtney) will share some fun DIY self-care tips!
Our giveaway partners are:
- Varnish Lane
- Sarah’s Homemade Ice Cream
- Fun at Home Box
- Ergo Pouch
- Three Peaks Manuka Honey
- Tanteo Tequila Margarita Kit
- And MORE!!
Erin Washington (of Squats and Margaritas) is doing a fun tutorial on how to make a spicy skinny margarita on the zoom! Supplies needed are:
- Tanteo Jalapeno tequila (available in any liquor store or Total WInes in DC and MD)
- Minute Maid Light/Zero Sugar Lemonade
- Lime La Croix sparkling water
Block off your calendar for this event on Thursday, November 12 from 8 pm to 9:30 pm. Be sure to participate the giveaways on our Facebook Event Page!
- The code will be live from 12:00am CST on November 12th to 11:59pm CST on November 13th!
- The code needs to be entered at ‘coupon code’ on the billing page (top right) and shoppers must click ‘apply’!
- Once applied, a red ‘Shop for Good’ notation will appear and $.01 will be deducted. This does not mean only one cent is donated – it’s just a logistical way to make sure the code works. A full 20% will be donated!
- And finally, please note that some discounts cannot be combined with the giveback code as it would deduct from the donation!
If you are a local business and would like to be involved in this event, please email me at courtney @ dcareamom.com Thank you!