Chances are, if you’ve heard of CrossFit, you’ve probably heard stories about people doing these off-the-wall, crazy hard workouts and only eating protein shakes. Ok, take that image and scale it way down- that’s the CrossFit that I’ve fallen...
Hello! DC Area Moms is currently looking for moms across the Washington, DC Metro area to become Mombassadors and help support our online neighborhood community groups. Motherhood can be lonely, but it doesn't have to be! We want every mom...
It’s hot out and the perfect time to treat yourself (and your kids) to ice cream! We talked to several local moms about their favorite neighborhood ice cream shops. These scoop shops have been taste-tested and are both kid...
The 4th of July is especially fun in the DC area. Parades, fireworks, baseball games...there is so much to choose from. Here are eleven ways you can celebrate our nation's 247th birthday this year. Whatever you do, we hope...
Summer is in full swing and there are a lot of family-friendly events going on in the DC area sure to entertain and enlighten! If you want to enjoy the warm weather, outdoor options this month include movies, lots of...
Summer is finally here and it's time to start enjoying all that the season has to offer! June offers DC-area residents so many options for family fun. This month, families can enjoy a variety of events to celebrate Pride...
This is a continuation of a three-part series answering common questions about foster care. Check out Part 1 and Part 3 too. How do you care for biological families that aren’t working to be healthy? We do foster care because we...
For over 25 years, Synetic Theater has provided children and families throughout Northern Virginia and the DMV with a unique summer camp experience. Synetic Theater Summer Camps offer fun, friends, and arts-based movement experiences that culminate in a performance...
The DC area offers so many fun things to do with your family in May. Musical performances, nature activities, learning about cultures around the world, Memorial Day events, and many more kinds of family-friendly events are scheduled throughout our...
Spring is here!! Finally, the weather is getting warmer, flowers are blooming, and trees are starting to show their new leaves. The beginning of spring offers so many opportunities to spend time with your family. This guide to area...
“Those who have no record of what their forebears have accomplished lose the inspiration which comes from the teaching of biography and history.” This Carter G. Woodson quote perfectly sums up what Black History Month means to me. I grew...
Are you ready to start a new hobby with your family? What better way than with low maintenance houseplants for kids! There are many options when looking for low maintenance houseplants for kids. Show them the joy of watching...
This post was written and updated by several moms in the DC area. One of my favorite childhood memories is attending Christmas Eve services with my grandparents. We didn’t start this tradition until I was in late elementary. I don’t want...
It's that time of year! Hanukkah is just around the corner beginning THIS Sunday evening! This year, Hanukkah starts with the first candle on Sunday, December 18th and ends with the eighth candle on Monday, December 26. (The holiday actually ends...

Stay Connected

6,208FansLike
16,399FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow
589FollowersFollow

In + Around DC

Northern Virginia Bucket List: 50 Must-Do Activities for Kids

There are so many year-round and seasonal fun things to do in NoVA, we created a Northern Virginia bucket list: 50 must-dos activities for...